|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca (previously known in-game as Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca before Formula 1® and McLaren 765LT Update (v9.1)) is a paved road racing track in central California used for both auto racing and motorcycle racing, built in 1957 near both Salinas and Monterey, California, United States.
The name Laguna Seca is Spanish for "dry lagoon": the area where the track now lies was once a lake, and the course was built around the dry lake bed. After the course was reconfigured, two artificial ponds were added.
|2.238 mi (3.602 km)|
- Laguna Seca is spanish for dry lake. The course was built around a dry lake bed at the time, later having two artificial ponds added.
- The earliest development began in 1867 with the Laguna Seca Ranch being built.
- The Corkscrew is the most famous turn in the track. In Real Racing 3, it is possible for the players to jump the corkscrew if a high top speed is maintained.
- It is also the starting point for the Autocross event in this track, which ends at the final stretch.
- It's one of the tracks which appears more often around the game, as it was a track in the first version.
- The production lap record was set by the 2015 PORSCHE 918 SPYDER.
- The FORD MUSTANG BOSS 302 LAGUNA SECA car has a map of this track on its rear badge