|“||Limited Time Series|
Three Limited Time Series, featuring Jimmie Johnson's CHEVROLET SS, the BUGATTI VEYRON 16.4 GRAND SPORT VITESSE, and the McLAREN F1 GTR! Earn these cars, as well as a heap of Gold!
— What's new in Daytona 500 2017 Update (v5.1.0).
The CHEVROLET SS (HENDRICK MOTORSPORTS - 2017) is a race version of the production SS. In the game, it is Hendrick Motorsports' car for The Daytona 500: The Great American Race. In real life, this car is being driven by Jimmie Johnson (No. 48), Chase Elliott (No. 24), Kasey Kahne (No. 5) and Dale Earnhardt, Jr. (No. 88). Jimmie Johnson's livery is the only one featured in the game.
This would also be CHEVROLET's final year with the SS before switching to the new Camaro ZL1 in 2018 since the HOLDEN Commodore VF is set to cease production in Australia in 2017.
Unlike older NASCAR cars, this car (and the FORD Fusion) are the first NASCAR cars introduced after the name of the cup was changed from the Sprint Cup Series to the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, following a change in title sponsor for the Cup. The cars are also the first year of the low-downforce cars, which means they now have more top speed but less grip.
The CHEVROLET SS (HENDRICK MOTORSPORTS - 2017) is available in one series:
This vehicle was added in the Daytona 500 2017 Update (v5.1.0) released in February 2017.
This vehicle can be acquired for 500 .
Availability Prior to Aston Martin and Daytona 500 Update (v6.1.0)
Prior to Aston Martin and Daytona 500 Update (v6.1.0) this car was in two series, that are no longer in the game
The CHEVROLET SS (HENDRICK MOTORSPORTS - 2017) is available in two series:
- NASCAR All-Star Series career series in the NASCAR group
- Jimmie Johnson's Champion Cup bonus series in the NASCAR group
This vehicle was available to win in the following special events:
- Jimmie Johnson Championship limited-time series available in the Daytona 500 2017 Update (v5.1.0) of February 2017
- This car was available to purchase for 500 . It was sometimes available for purchase for 600 as a 'Get it Now' price and unlocked Jimmie Johnson's Champion Cup.
There was originally one livery (#48) available for the car in this game. With the Aston Martin and Daytona 500 Update (v6.1.0) release five additional liveries were added to the game:
- Jimmie Johnson's No. 48 Lowe's livery
- Chase Elliott's No. 24 NAPA Auto Parts livery
- Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s No. 88 Nationwide Insurance livery
RICHARD CHILDRESS RACING
- Austin Dillon's No. 3 DOW livery
- Ryan Newman's No. 31 Caterpillar (CAT) livery
CHIP GANASSI RACING
- Kyle Larson's No. 42 Target livery
|43.5|| 199 mph|
|3.50 s|| 100.0 ft|
|1.04 g||500 |
| Max PR|
| 206 mph|
|3.36 s|| 95.8 ft|
|1.12 g|| R$1,343,800 |
| Max PR|
| 215 mph|
|3.20 s|| 90.0 ft|
|1.23 g|| +761 |
| Top Speed|
|White|| purchase before any upgrades|
Or instant purchase
|Green||purchase after any upgrades|
For upgrades including PR values, please see the project page RR3 Wiki:Upgrades Section CHEVROLET, please be aware that PR values can vary depending on the upgrade order.
|2017 Season (NASCAR)|
|TOYOTA CAMRY (JOE GIBBS RACING - 2017) • CHEVROLET SS (HENDRICK MOTORSPORTS - 2017) • FORD FUSION (STEWART-HAAS RACING)|