RomGuyony mentioned in the summer about having an information box with translations, for cars and series in RR3. Similar to the one used here:
The question is:
- Is there interest in other languages on the English RR3.Wiki?
- Is there interesting in creating or expanding other language wiki?
- If there is interest, who is willing to add the foreign language translations?
- Who will confirm they are right?
- Russian Wikia has had the most input, with 252 pages
- German Wikia has 44 pages
- French Wikia has 31 pages
- Korean Wikia 3 pages
Officially Supported Languages
According to the iTunes release notes, Real Racing 3 is available in the following languages:
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
As Kuzz had already tried to create links to Foreign language RR3 Wiki's, this has been taken a step further, if the same page exists on the other language wiki, a link can be placed on our wiki, which will display the Language the page is available in, for example at the bottom of on the NISSAN SILVIA (S15) page, there are links in French, German and Russian, to the equivalent pages on that languages' wiki.
This method would be easy for our wiki, it would be a link to the other language wiki, in source mode it would look like this [[fr:Nissan Silvia (S15)]]. That is providing the equivalent pages existed; most of the other languages are incomplete. A team of contributors would need to copy the English page and translate it on the other wiki, as Kuzz mentioned, this is considerable work.
Alternatively a table, similar to the one below could be created on the 167 car article pages, 118 Series and 8 special events, in career.
See an example on how this could be displayed on the NISSAN SILVIA (S15) page here: NISSAN SILVIA (S15)#In other Languages
|English||NISSAN SILVIA (S15)|
|German||Nissan Silvia (S15)||Same as English name|
|Russian||Nissan Silvia (S15)||Same as English name|
|French||Nissan Silvia (S15)||Same as English name|
|South Korean||닛산 실비아 (S15)||Google translation of English name|
(Page does not exist)
- Adding the empty tables would need some work, but could be done.
- The tables would then need some commitment from contributors, to translate the car names or series names into their languages.
- The translation would then need to be linked to other language Wikia, if the page existed.
- The translations would need to be confirmed.
Some example are:
- "Speed Barons" is "Les Maîtres de la Vitesse" in French
- "Shelby '67 Cobra GT500" in Spanish, is "Shelby Cobra GT500 del 67"
To gauge interest and commitment please fill in the following poll:
1. Wikia in other languages
2. Table with languages translation
3. Translation to languages
Based on the answers to the above polls, the options will be considered for the future. Feel free to leave any comments below.